Friday, August 13, 2010

I don’t want to die

Wrote this poem during the history class when teacher was detailing the scene of partition. Its the cry of a freedom fighter dying just before independence.

 

I don’t want to die

I don’t want to die

Nation still needs me

I don’t want to die

I don’t want to die

 

Still millions of hungry

and thousands of thirsty

must quench their thirst

give them food

and a right to life

I don’t want to die

I don’t want to die

 

The peace still fears us

violence inhibits us

lips are strained

and red are the eyes

chaos prevails

order is gone

laughs are lost

and I can hear only the cries

How can I die?

How can i die?

 

Orphans, homeless and the dead

staring into my eyes

asking why God was so ruthless

and they were victimised

Answerless as I am

but not lost, am I?

will lead the path

find a way out

and answers I don’t have

but committed to find

so I want to live

and don’t want to die

and don’t want to die

 

I sailed ship of hopes

through dark, endless sea

can’t loose it now

after all the odds I defied

The shore is near

and it needs last push

but why winds have stopped

and nothing seems to move?

Why all my efforts swing in vacuum

leaving the ship midway

without any hope

to make it to the shore

O Lord! Heed me please!

Heed me please

I plead for my life

look ‘m crying

give me my life

 

I just want to see the dawn of freedom

want to feel the calmness of peace

and let laughs echo in my mind

Want to feel the winds of happiness

give me some breaths

Try! at least Try!

Try! at least Try!

I don’t want to die!

I don’ want to die!

I don’ want to die!

3 comments: